This year, I will have been married for 16 years. We have three kids, two dogs, and full-time jobs. Needless to say, sometimes we just get a little too busy for each other. Knowing my husband’s love language has helped me home in on ways to make him feel loved. But we still need some heat, some romance. You might know how to show love, but do you know how to flirt with your husband in a way that’ll make him respond?
You might know how to show love, but do you know how to flirt with your husband in a way that’ll make him respond?
The key is to be in the moment, be intimate, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Have fun! These 25 ways to flirt with your husband in his love language may be a bit of a tease, but they will get his attention and make him feel not only loved but also wanted.
Acts of Service:
- Make his favorite dessert.
- Run a bath for him with Epsom salts and offer to join him.
- Light some candles or run a diffuser with his favorite oil scents.
- Wash his car in something sexy (a bikini if you dare, but a cute T-shirt would be fine, too).
- Make the bed with sheets that are fresh out of the dryer. Who can resist snuggling in a warm bed together?
- When you pass by him, make it a point to graze your fingers across his back.
- Is family movie night killing the romantic vibe? Sit by him so you can play with his hair or squeeze his thigh.
- Play footsie with him under the table during dinner.
- My husband isn’t ticklish, but trying to tickle him usually turns into a fun cat and mouse chase that has us both laughing.
- While holding his hand, squeeze it to the syllables of a secret message that he has to guess. We always start with three squeezes for “I love you.”
Words of Affirmation:
- Wink at him from across the room. There are no words, but a wink still says a lot.
- Send him a voice memo to let him know you’re thinking of him and can’t wait to be with him.
- Tell him how much you love his voice.
- Look at him for a moment and tell him how good-looking he is—pick a different feature every time.
- Send him a secret code with a message that lets him know he is wanted.
- Enact some screen-free time and give him your full attention while he talks—eye contact required.
- If he usually cooks, ask to join and pour two glasses of wine.
- Ask him questions that make him feel known and desired.
- Wake up together and ask him to stay in bed for a little longer on the weekend. If you have little ones, hang tight. These days will come!
- Arrange childcare and surprise him with a weekend at home—just the two of you.
- Surprise him with some room service in the morning.
- Buy something sexy for yourself, but put it in a box for him to open.
- Buy him a subscription box that you can enjoy together.
- Make him some “Love Coupons” to enjoy with you in the bedroom.
- Get him his favorite lotion and offer a massage.
Do you know how to flirt with your husband in his love language? Tell us what you like to do.