Before we get into the fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas for kids, we wanted to share this Irish blessing with you…
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, And may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
Along with the ideas we’re about to share, you could write that blessing out and display it for your children on St. Patrick’s Day morning.
Then try these 5 fun things to do with your kids on St. Patrick’s Day. The first one is easy – get some Lucky Charms (remember, they’re magically delicious!), and add a little green food coloring to your kids’ cereal milk.
Finally, we have 20 St. Patrick’s Day Jokes and Riddles you can share throughout the day.
- Why did the leprechaun climb over the rainbow? To get to the other side!
- How can you spot a jealous shamrock? It will be green with envy!
- What do you call a big Irish spider? Paddy long legs!
- What do leprechauns prefer dollar bills to coins? Because they’re green!
- Why did the leprechaun turn down a bowl of soup? Because he already had a pot of gold!
- Why did the leprechaun walk out of the house? He wanted to sit on the paddy-o!
- Why do leprechauns hate running? They’d rather jig than jog!
- Why are so many leprechauns florists? They have green thumbs!
- Why do leprechauns recycle? They like to go green!
- What’s a leprechaun’s favorite cereal? Lucky charms!
- What happens if you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover? You get a rash of good luck!
- What do you call a leprechaun who gets sent to jail? A lepre-con!
- What happens when a leprechaun falls into a river? He gets wet?
- How is a good friend like a four-leaf clover? They’re hard to find!
- What kind of bow can’t be tied? A rainbow!
- Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? Regular rocks are too heavy
- What’s big and purple and lies next to Ireland? Grape Britain!
- What would you get if you crossed a leprechaun with a Texan? A pot of chili at the end of the rainbow!
- Knock-knock! Who’s there? Irish. Irish who? Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Knock-knock! Who’s there? Warren. Warren who? Warren anything green for St. Patrick’s Day?