Before we get into the St. Paddy’s Day fun, we wanted to share this Irish blessing with you: May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow and may trouble avoid you wherever you go. Write that blessing out and display it for your children to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
This holiday is filled with silliness and fun mischief, so it’s the perfect time for some corny jokes. Your kiddo will get a kick out of these and little performers will have a blast putting on a show for the whole room. By the end, everyone will be rolling—well, their eyes will be rolling, at least. We dare you to try to keep a straight face!
- Why did the leprechaun climb over the rainbow? To get to the other side!
- How can you spot a jealous shamrock? It will be green with envy!
- What do you call a big Irish spider? Paddy long legs!
- Why do leprechauns prefer dollar bills to coins? Because they’re green!
- Why did the leprechaun turn down a bowl of soup? Because he already had a pot of gold!
- Why did the leprechaun walk out of the house? He wanted to sit on the Paddy O’!
- Why do leprechauns hate running? They’d rather jig than jog!
- Why are so many leprechauns florists? They have green thumbs!
- Why do leprechauns recycle? They like to go green!
- What’s a leprechaun’s favorite cereal? Lucky Charms!
- What happens if you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover? You get a rash of good luck!
- What do you call a leprechaun who gets sent to jail? A lepre-con!
- What happens when a leprechaun falls into a river? He gets wet!
- How is a good friend like a four-leaf clover? They’re hard to find!
- What kind of bow can’t be tied? A rainbow!
- Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day? Regular rocks are too heavy.
- What’s big and purple and lies next to Ireland? Grape Britain!
- What would you get if you crossed a leprechaun with a Texan? A pot of chili at the end of the rainbow!
- Knock-knock! Who’s there? Irish. Irish who? Irish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- Knock-knock! Who’s there? Warren. Warren who? Warren anything green for St. Patrick’s Day?
Here are more ideas to get the kiddos smiling. Get out the green and get ready to laugh with iMOM’s St. Patrick’s Day jokes for kids—bonus round! Here are 10 additional St. Patrick’s Day jokes.
- What do you call an Irish spider? Paddy O’ Long Legs
- Why do leprechauns dislike leftovers? They prefer left-clovers!
- What’s an Irishman’s favorite room in the house? The Paddy O’!
- What kind of music do leprechauns love? Sham-rock.
- What happens when leprechauns take a bath? They get wet!
- What did the naughty leprechaun get for Christmas? A pot of coal!
- Why is it difficult to borrow money from a leprechaun? Because he’s always a little short.
- What is Dwayne Johnson’s Irish nickname? The Sham-Rock.
- Where did the lazy leprechaun find gold? In the dictionary!
- Why did the leprechaun open his umbrella? He walked under a rain-bow!
Have more fun: Try these 5 fun things to do with your kids on St. Patrick’s Day. The first one is easy. Get some Lucky Charms (remember, they’re magically delicious!), and add a little green food coloring to your kids’ cereal milk.
Like jokes? Then you probably also like riddles. Try these ones with your kids today!
In what other fun ways does your family celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?