23 Bad Habits Moms Can Break
No mom is perfect—we here at iMOM will be the first to attest to that, based upon our own lives. We all have little habits that creep into our lives but need to go. See if any of these common trouble spots for moms sound familiar to you:
1. Telling your kids, “I’ll be right there” and then forgetting about it.
2. Looking at your phone when your child is trying to talk to you.
3. Doing all the work yourself because it’s easier than letting your kids do it themselves.
4. Saying yes to volunteer roles for which you don’t have time, or a passion.
5. Not following through with consequences for your kids.
6. Repeating information to friends that’s not yours to share.
7. Skipping quiet time or prayer time because you think you’re too busy.
8. Yelling, especially when you’re tired or frustrated.
9. Using sarcasm as a frequent method of communication.
10. Spending without a budget or a plan.
11. Fueling your day with caffeine instead of adequate sleep.
12. Jumping to conclusions before you’ve heard your child’s full story.
13. Routinely putting your kids first and your husband second.
14. Getting caught up in the extra-curricular rat race rather than focusing on a few meaningful activities.
15. Not making time for friendships. Even moms need to laugh and be encouraged!
16. Failing to organize your home so that clean-up is easier (here’s some help: Home Organization 101: Creative Storage Solutions for Kids’ Rooms).
17. Skipping that precious Pillow Talk time with your kids at night.
18. Caring more about your child’s outward actions than the condition of her heart.
19. Keeping up with the Joneses. And the Smiths. And the Clarks…
20. Letting the magazines and movies define beauty for yourself or your daughters.
21. Spending more time worrying about the challenges than celebrating the victories.
22. Trying to be your child’s friend instead of a parent.
23. Comparing your child to his siblings.