What kind of wife are you? Well, in the span of a week—or even a day!—I can go from being a supportive and caring wife to an irritated and selfish one. But what about overall? Are you encouraging and loving or are you just doing whatever it takes to survive in your marriage, which might mean that you are bitter, bossy, or whiny? Our wife quiz will help you find out.
Take a look at the 4 kinds of wives you don’t want to be and see if any describe you. If none of them do, great! If one does, we have some ideas for what you can do about it.
- Knows how and when everything needs to be done.
- Talks to her husband like he’s a child.
- Bosses her husband around in front of the children.
- Bosses her husband around in front of friends and family.
- Listen to his suggestions and ideas.
- Don’t correct him.
- Ask him to do things instead of telling him.
- Remember that a man’s number one need, other than the physical, is respect.
- The kids get everything they need. Her husband doesn’t.
- She has time and energy for the kids, but not for him.
- She mainly values him most as a provider to give the kids want they want.
- The kids come first. Period.
- Put him first at least once a day.
- Call or text him when he’s away to let him know you’re thinking of him.
- Remember that a strong marriage is good for your kids.
- Complains a lot.
- Gets the job done, but not cheerfully.
- Often manipulates to get what she wants.
- If you’re overwhelmed or unhappy, ask for help.
- Count your blessings.
- Say no sometimes to keep your responsibilities manageable.
- It’s all about her.
- Her motto: “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”
- She rarely puts herself in her husband’s shoes.
- Help others.
What kind of wife are you on your best days?