What Influences a Child’s Decision to Delay Having Sex?
According to a survey of recent studies, children most often delay having sex for the following reasons:
1. Thinking their friends have not had sex
2. Knowing that their parents object to it
3. Feeling they had not met the right partner
4. Not feeling like they had been in a comfortable situation to have sex
5. Feeling that having sex was against their personal beliefs
6. Fear of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases
As you look over the list above, think about the lines of communication between you and your child. Are you comfortable talking to your child about sex? Is your child comfortable talking to you about sex? Take some time today to address these issues, and educate your child on the subject of sex.
© 2010 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.