What is your inner dialogue saying to you? Often, we aren’t even aware of all the negative thoughts we are thinking. If a recording device captured and transcribed all our thoughts, we would understand why we feel overwhelmed so often. Our beliefs about ourselves and our circumstances are hidden in those thoughts. But our beliefs about ourselves and our circumstances aren’t always true. That can make our inner dialogue feel like extra weight on our shoulders and our energy becomes depleted.
Many years ago, I learned the value of rewriting my inner dialogue by actively declaring powerful statements. Sometimes those statements didn’t feel true at all until I had repeated them again and again for weeks. Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed or emotionally sluggish, I pull out my trusty declarations. And before I even complete the list, I am noticeably more encouraged. I’d like to share those declarations with you. Be sure to say them out loud because hearing them makes them more powerful than just thinking them.
- God is able to bless me abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that I need, I will abound in every good work.
- I am not in this alone. God is with me.
- My family is a source of joy for me.
- I can say no.
- I am a good mother.
- God will give me the grace I need today.
- What I have to give is enough.
- I am kind and tenderhearted to others.
- My circumstances do not define me.
- I am a blessing to my husband.
- I am a blessing to my children.
- All things work together for good to those who love God.
- I am grateful for the gifts and people in my life
- Other’s happiness is not my responsibility.
- I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
- The Holy Spirit is a fountain of peace inside me.
- I am beautiful.
- I can’t solve tomorrow’s problems today.
- Perfection is not required.
- I am in God’s secure hands.
- I am loved.
How have you experienced the power of positive declarations?