When the whole world is blooming, why not put a pop of color and a fresh look on yourself? It’s amazing how just a little addition to your normal beauty and wardrobe routine and give you a little spring in your step! So boost your spirits and look your best with some of these quick and easy options.
1. Get your brows done. If you’ve never had your eyebrows shaped by a professional—get thee to a salon, friend! Giving your brows the right shape and a little arch can open up the whole eye area and make your face look more fresh and polished. It’s a small investment; some salons charge just $15-$30 dollars for a shaping that you can maintain at home with your trusty tweezers.
2. Try a new lip color. Spring is a great time to play with fun, vibrant shades. Try something besides that tube of old faithful that’s been swimming around in the depths of your purse since the Clinton administration.
3. Don’t let your hair drag you down. Long hair can sometimes look heavy, and age us when we’re in our 30s or older. Try a new do that’s shoulder length or shorter. Too much change for you? Try layering your long hair to give a little more lift and movement to your style.
4. Take it easy with the foundation. We sometimes try so hard to cover every little flaw with concealer or foundation; we wind up looking cakey and flakey. Try using a little less and blending better to even out skin tone without a thick layer all over. Finish with a little fine powder and rejoice that your face can breathe!
5. Add a splash of color. Walk into your closet and take it in. Is it a sea of neutrals? Are you hung up in one color palette that includes just a couple of tried and true shades? Experiment with something new without a big investment: try one of the year-round gauzy scarves in a fun color (coral? aqua?) or print to liven up your usual fare.
6. Pedi power. Scientists can’t explain it, but we know it’s true. There’s something magically uplifting about a great pedicure and a fun pair of new sandals. So get those tootsies to the salon, or have your own “spa night” and pamper yourself with the full treatment.
7. Try a great bag. If you’re still carrying your conservative brown leather number, try a bolder, more colorful bag or tote. You can find lots of great, affordable options in canvas or other materials to add to your handbag wardrobe.
8. Don’t forget the glimmer. It’s easy for mom to get so rushed with helping the kids get ready, she gets herself dressed and stops right there. But the accessories can make the outfit, so don’t forget the fun earrings, the great belt, or the chunky bangle that your tunic begs for. And if you don’t have pieces like these, put them on the top of your shopping list!