Take a look at these questions and see if the sex topic in your house is above ground, or buried below the surface. (If it’s below the surface, here are 5 tips for having The Talk with your kids¸ and Waiting for Sex TALK Conversation Starters for addressing sex before marriage.)
- Do you know if your teenager has had sex?
- Have you talked to your teen about STDs?
- Have you discussed the risks of oral sex?
- Do you know where your child draws the line in physically intimate situations?
- Have your child’s best friends had sex?
- If your teenager hasn’t had sex, do you know why he hasn’t? Have you asked him?
- Have you asked your teen what website they go to the most when they have a question related to sex?
- Does your child know your opinion on pre-marital sex?
- If your child is in a romantic relationship, do you know if the person they’re dating has had sex?
What other questions do you think we should add to the list?