Choose a menu of twelve items. Be sure to include all utensils and drinks as separate items.
Here’s an example:
- Pork Chops
- Chocolate sauce (for their milk)
- Apple sauce
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cup of Milk
- Dinner Roll
Next, name all twelve items something a bit more creative. The creative list should not be indicative of the actual menu. This is the menu your guests will see. You can try ours’ if you like:
- Reap what you Sow
- On the nose
- Down the hatch!
- Peel and Eat
- Four corners
- Dig the Trench
- On guard!
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Moo Cow!
- Benny and Joon
- Pitch In
Print out the “creative” menu and give one copy to each diner. Be sure to include the rules on each menu. Here they are:
- There will be three courses served
- You must choose 4 items for each course. Put a number 1 next to your first four choices, number 2 next to the second four choices, and a number 3 next to your third four items choices.
- You may not choose the same item twice
- The table will be cleared at the end of each course, no seconds!
- Let loose and enjoy being served!
If you have a rather large family (more than 5, including you) we suggest letting your hubby or best helper in on this idea. You’ll need some assistance getting the three courses to the table.