10 Treasure Hunt Clues for Around the House
The next time your kids come up to you and whine, “I’m bored!” We have two words for you– “treasure hunt” – or how about – “scavenger hunt!” Print out our clues, or come up with some of your own. Of course, at the end of the hunt, you’ll need a “treasure.” Surprise them with a little something, or a scroll that says you’re going to have a picnic or see a movie.
Cut out the numbered treasure hunt clues and have your children sit in one place where they can’t see you while you hide the clues in and around your house. If you can’t hide the clue inside an area, tape it there.
To start your treasure hunt, hand your children the first clue. It will lead to the second clue and so on. (If your children need help, use the old “hot and cold” method of helping them to zero in on a clue.)
1. If you’re in a hungry mood, go here first and find some food.
(Hide the clue in the kitchen in your pantry or where you store food.)
2. Now you’re on your second clue, these go on before your shoes.
(Hide this clue in your child’s sock drawer.)
3. If you want your teeth to shine, pick this up and spend some time.
(Hide this clue by your child’s toothbrush)
4. If you want to learn and grow, turn the page, get in the know.
(Hide this in a book, with part of it sticking out from the pages.)
5. Add some color to your days! Pick these up; you’re on your way.
(Hide this clue near some crayons.)
6. Take a walk and step outside, this is where you go to ride.
(Hide this clue near your car, a bike, or even a scooter.)
7. Time to chill, time to think; please go here for a cool, cool drink.
(Hide this clue in, or tape on, your refrigerator.)
8. Keep it clean and keep it dry. Can you guess? Come on, just try!
(Hide this clue near your washer or dryer.)
9.You’re almost at the very end, but this is where your guests come in.
(Hide this clue at your front door.)
10. The final clue. The final prize. Look into this to see your eyes.
(This is where you’ll place the final prize for your treasure hunt.)
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.