7 Lessons for Moms from Mary
In all of history, there was no one like Mary, the mother of Christ. She was chosen by God to be the mother of his own son. And while we will never be like Mary in that way, we do share the bond of motherhood with this highly favored young woman.
Here are 7 things we can learn from Mary:
1. Mary pondered. Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.
2. Mary prayed. Acts 1:14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus…
3. Mary trusted God. Luke 1:38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.”
4. Mary was humble. Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart.
5. Mary engaged. Luke 4:28 His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”
6. Mary believed. John 2:3 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord… For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
7. Mary was faithful. John 19:25 Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother…
© 2013 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.