8 Hot Products for New Moms
If your last child was born more than a couple of years ago, you may be surprised to see how many new and improved pieces of baby gear have hit the market since you last prepared for a wee one. We picked several of our favorites to make life easier for busy moms on the go!
1. Padalilly. This simple-yet-awesome cushion for the handle of your child’s infant car seat will save your arm when lugging the seat around. Padalilly was the first such pad introduced to the market and there are other, less expensive, versions out there—but our new mom friends tell us that the original is the best in terms of quality and durability. Available in a wide variety of stylish fabrics with matching canopies too.
2. Skip Hop Pronto. Because sometimes you don’t need or want to drag the full diaper bag to the baby changing area, or for a quick errand. This little piece of genius includes a changing pad, a pocket for diapers and wipes, and folds up in a neat little clutch-sized package. Drop it in your bigger bag when needed, or grab it alone and go. Also features a clip for attaching to the stroller, etc.
3. Aden + Anais Easy Swaddle Blankets. Some babies live to be snuggly swaddled, but making a perfect baby burrito from a receiving blanket can be tough at 3 a.m. Enter these super-soft muslin blankets with simple snaps! Available in a variety of prints.
4. Boppy Travel Pillow. Moms have sworn by the Boppy nursing pillow for ages, but the original is a bit bulky for a carry-on item or the car. This innovative travel version folds over and zips closed, and includes a shoulder strap for carrying.
5. Chicco Caddy Hook-On High Chair. When you can’t bear the thought of a dirty restaurant high chair, or you’re visiting friends who don’t have one, this compact wonder hooks to the table in seconds. It folds for transport, fits a variety of tables securely, and the nylon seat wipes down easily.
6. Moby Wrap. Babies need to spend ample time close to mom and dad for bonding, but parents need to use their arms for other things occasionally. This sturdy, comfy baby carrier allows you to secure your baby and enjoy some freedom at the same time. Available in a variety of fabrics and styles to please moms and dads.
7. Magnificent Baby Magnetic Onesies. If you’ve ever tried to fasten a dozen snaps on a super-wiggly baby, you’ll appreciate the person who decided that magnetic onesies were a good idea! They open and close in seconds, but stay securely in place while your baby plays. Quicker diaper changes mean more time for cuddles!
8. Quick Zip Crib Sheets. You probably thought changing a fitted sheet on a regular bed was hard—until you tried to change one on a crib mattress surrounded by rails. The folks at Clouds and Stars have come up with a solution in the form of a sheet that zips on and off for quicker changes without lifting the mattress.
Dana Hall McCain writes about marriage, parenting, faith and wellness. She is a mom of two, and has been married to a wonderful guy for over 18 years.