Relationship Builders: Grandparent Questions
Have you given your children the gift of their grandparents? Do you encourage that relationship, even if you’re not on the best terms with your own parents or your in-laws? We understand that not all grandparents are willing or able to be hands-on with their grandkids, but for those who are, there are great benefits. Grandparents are able to offer your children wisdom and a different perspective on the world.
Build bonds by asking these questions:
- What is your full name? Why did your parents choose this name?
- When and where were you born?
- What was your childlike home like?
- What kind of games did you play growning up?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What was your favorite toy and why?
- What was your favorite thing to do for fun?
- Did you have family chores? What were they?
- Did you recieve an allowance? How much and what did you do with it?
- What was your school like for you as a child? What were your best and worst subjects?
- Do you remember any fads from your youth? Popular hairstyles? Clothes?
- What was your religion growning up?
- Who were your friends when you were growning up?
- Describe a typical family dinner. Did you all eat together as a family? Who did the cooking?
- How is the world today different from what it was lke when you were a child?
- Have any heirlooms been passed down to you from other family members?
- Who do I most look like in your family?
- When and how did you meet your spouse? What attracted you to him? Where did he propose?
- Where and when did you get married?
- How did you find out you were going to be a parent for the first time?
- Why did you choose my Mom/Dad's name?
- What was Mom/Dad like when they were my age?
- Of all the things you learned from your parents, which do you feel was the most valuable?
- What is the one thing you most want people to remember about you?
Related Resource: 20 Fun Questions to Get to Know Him Better
Pillow Talk: End your day talking with your child.
What’s the best thing about grandma/grandpa?
© 2011 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus