50 Ways to Connect with Your Son
Are you looking for ways to connect with your kids? Here are 50 ideas to make the connection with your son.
1. Work on a project together.
2. Play catch.
3. Have a picnic.
4.Watch a game on TV.
5. Make your own banana splits with toppings and sprinkles.
6. Play a game.
7. Download a new iPad app and play it together.
8. Eat cookies.
9. Go listen to live music.
10. Give him a backrub.
11. Write letters to soldiers.
12. Shoot hoops.
13. Go camping.
14. Grill dinner.
15. Make homemade bubbles.
16. Play Frisbee.
18. Read stories about heroes in the Bible.
19. Go on a bike ride.
20. Build something: bookshelf, giant tower of gumdrops.
21. Read the comics.
22. Play mini golf in the backyard.
23. Make a fort.
24. Create an iSpy mission together.
25. Go on a long drive.
26. Design and build a family website.
27. Make popcorn and watch a movie of his choosing.
28. Go bowling.
29. Put together Legos or Trio blocks.
30. Toss a balloon back and forth and see how long you can keep it in the air.
31. Make a video of him performing an awesome stunt.
32. Go on a nature walk.
33. Play flashlight tag.
34. Create a secret family code.
35. Have a coloring contest.
36. Go on a scavenger hunt.
38. Learn a magic trick.
39. Make it a competition: fastest heel-walker, slowest dancer.
40. Start a collection.
41. Look through cookbooks and ask him what recipes look good.
42. Learn to play the guitar.
43. Play speed stacking with plastic cups.
44. Challenge him to solve a mystery (like what happened to the chocolate chip cookies you put in the cookie jar just last night).
45. Search for insects with a magnifying glass.
46. Watch funny YouTube videos.
47. Make slime with cornstarch and water.
48. Build a city out of blocks.
49. Work out together—go on on a run, lift weights.
50. Try to break a world record.
Adapted from: "21 Ways to Connect With Your Kids." Copyright © 2012 by Kathi Lipp. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, OR. Used by permission.
comments powered by Disqus