If you go to the game aisle at the store, you’ll see more games than you could play in a month. There are some really fun board games out there, but who says games have to include a board, dice, or complicated rules? Some of the best family games are super simple and involve nothing but the people around the table.
Check out these family games for your next game night or lazy afternoon. Some require zero setup (which means zero cleanup, too!), others sneak in a little education, and others get everyone moving. So whatever family game mood your crew is in, there’s something that will bring everyone together, laughing, talking, and loving well!
Games that involve a lot of strategy-making or money-counting, are fun, but sometimes families just need to let loose and get silly. Kids love seeing Mom and Dad relax and act like kids themselves, so these family games are some of our favorites.
- For families who love scavenger hunts, but want to stay indoors, our Superstore Scavenger Hunt is a/c friendly. (Save our family Selfie Scavenger Hunt for a special day when you can celebrate with ice cream at the end.)
- These two fun games will get parents to let their hair down.
- And these creative games for kids are perfect for little ones who need to exercise their creative muscles.
You might picture family games being played around the dining room table, but all parents know that sometimes you’ve gotta take the fun outside. These games are ideal for those days when the weather begs you to get out and breathe in the fresh air. If you want some totally original ideas, these 15 Backyard Games are silly and fun for all ages. Don’t forget the instructions, so you can start the fun ASAP!
- If you’re feeling competitive, host your own family Olympic games. If you’re crafty, you can even make medals and play the national anthem at your family award ceremony!
- For kids who love to shoot hoops, check out these four fun basketball challenges.
- When the weather is nice, the best kind of outdoor fun is camping, so be sure to check out these camping games, and seven camping ideas.
When life is busy, it can feel like the members of your family are ships passing in the night. The only words you exchange are grocery requests, pick-up times, and questions about missing socks. Family games are great for connecting and talking while having fun. Your kids will giggle over our printable Mom and Dad Love Story Quiz. How well do they know how you and your husband fell in love?
- Our Sweet Talk Game is a great game to help you grow closer as a family by listening and sharing (and eating candy!).
- How well do you know your kids? How well do they know you? Play our What Do You Know? game and find out!
Game time doesn’t end when you’re on vacation. In fact, car games are some of the best memory-makers. Who doesn’t remember playing Road Trip Bingo? We have our own version plus two more car games: Road Trip I Spy and the License Plate Game.
- If you’re traveling only a short distance, there’s still time for fun with our Car Time Rhyme game.
What kinds of games does your family like to play together?