It’s amazing the way a little humor can diffuse even the tensest of situations. Just the other morning, my son and I were having words about his homework. At one point, when I could tell that he was very upset with me, I walked over, hands behind my back and said, “And now, I’m going to give you a big kiss!” His expression was one of “Keep your distance, woman!” But it sure did change when I leaned in toward him and pulled out a giant Hershey’s Kiss! He smiled. I smiled, and things went a lot more smoothly after that. It pays to be a fun mom.
So try out some of our 21 ways to make your kids smile, and enjoy our St. Patrick’s Day jokes for kids, too!
- Do the funky chicken or just dance like a crazy mama!
- Talk like a martian. “Hello-earthlings. Take-me-to-your-leader. Meep.”
- Put your clothes on inside out, but act normally.
- When your children ask you a question, answer by barking like a dog.
- Tickle them!
- Share a knock-knock joke.
- Surprise your kids by building an indoor fort.
- Announce, “Let’s have a treasure hunt!”
- Have a tongue twister contest!
- Have a bubblegum blowing contest.
- Do a cartwheel!
- Wear your pajamas to dinner.
- Yell, “Pillow fight!”
- Tell your kids they can stay up late!
- Ask them a riddle.
- Say, “I’m the Cookie Monster!” and then give them a cookie.
- Raise your arms above your head and say, “I have the best kids in the world!”
- Say, “No chores today!”
- Sing a song that was popular when you were in high school.
- Smile at them. I bet they’ll smile right back!
How do you get your kids to smile?