Think it’s impossible to keep an eye on your kids’ use of the internet and smartphones? Not so! Today’s parental control software options make it simple and allow you to give your children levels of freedom based upon their maturity and trustworthiness. Here are some options you might consider:
This web-based parental solution allows you to track and set boundaries for multiple users across multiple devices, with a per-device yearly subscription.
- Available for iPod, iPad, iPhone, Android, and Windows devices
- Easy to set up: you can blacklist certain categories of sites, blacklist particular sites, or whitelist only the sites you want to allow
- Allows usage blocking during certain hours
- Have usage reports emailed to you at intervals you set
2. Net Nanny
Another web-based solution which allows you to monitor and control usage on both computers and smartphones. This is a one-time purchase, and a license must be purchased for each device you’d like to protect. Bundle pricing is available for multiple-device households.
- Filters internet content
- Can cap overall time of usage allowed
- Sets specific limitations for multiple users on a single device
- Dispatches reports on usage to administrators (parents)
- Offers a social media monitoring component
- Available for Windows, Mac, and most iOS and Android devices
An accountability system that allows any user—adult or child—to have their internet usage report sent to an accountability partner. Pricing is per username, and can be set up on an unlimited number of devices.
- Accountability and Filtering capabilities for Windows, Mac, and iOS devices.
- Accountability-only version available for Android.
- Web filtering available in six age-based levels of sensitivity which can be adjusted as children grow.