12 Proven Ways to Keep your Kids Away from Drugs, Drinking and Sex
These 12 ways sound simple, but they’re effective, so do your best to do the entire dozen to Keep your Kids Away from Drugs, Drinking and Sex
- Monitor what your children watch on TV.
- Monitor what they do on the Internet.
- Put restrictions on the music they buy and listen to.
- Know where your kids are after school and on weekends. Know their friends and their friends’ parents.
- Expect to be told the truth by your kids about where they really are going.
- Be “very aware” of your child’s academic performance.
- Impose a curfew.
- Make it clear to your child that you will not tolerate the use of alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, drugs and having sex.
- Eat dinner with your children several times per week.
- Turn off the TV during dinner.
- Assign regular chores.
- Have an adult present when your child returns from school or from being out with friends.
Related Resource: 5 Reasons Why Your Teen is Rebelling
Based on research and findings of The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University.
© 2010 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.