Is homework hurting your relationship with your children? Do you have to nag, scream and threaten to get them started? There is a better way for getting that homework done!
Getting our kids to do their homework can be frustrating. The key, of course, is using a system to establish a routine and stop the daily battles.
But, beyond getting our children to do their homework, we need to be clear on how each child’s homework fits into the bigger picture of their schoolwork. So, be sure you can answer these 6 homework questions.
- What is my child’s homework schedule? Find out if each class has a set homework schedule, or if it will vary from week to week.
- How will homework be checked? Ask who will go over his homework. Determine if it will be the teacher or a teacher’s aide.
- Will I need to review my child’s homework with him once his teacher has reviewed it?
- Should homework be done in pencil or pen?
- What is the penalty for missing a homework assignment?
- How will homework factor into my child’s grade?